• • •
TrueMotion gives you the opportunity to perform your creation in front of a live audience at one of the most important Opera Houses in the world.
Find out how to put together a performance that
can attract and resonate with a larger audience.
• • •
“TrueMotion Workshop in Madrid”
- Movement and technique is not the only key ingredient to create a choreography and excel as a performing artist.
- Being able to convey a powerful message and to connect producing profound emotions in the audience makes the real difference.
- The use of narrative tools to develop believable characters and adding a pertinent plot grasps the audience attention in a compelling way.
- The mission is to inspire artists to tell their remarkable story and the life experience that sparked a profound transformation and turn into wisdom changing their lives.
“Move truthfully under imaginary circumstances”.
My goal with this unique 4 day workshop is to inspire dancers and choreographers to take a different perspective in creation.
Swiss Italian dancer and choreographer profoundly committed to use art as a vehicle of personal growth.
Mexican screenwriter, producer and director with a strong expertise in marketing and business for the entertainment industry.
Anima May is always looking for new talent for her future productions. This workshop will therefore give you not only the opportunity to work with other artists, but also the chance to be taken in consideration for up coming productions.
• • •
Workshop is open to professional dancers
and choreographers from all dance styles.
12. to 15.01.2022 in Teatro Real, Madrid
Only 15 places available.
APPLY before Dec 17th. 2021
Regular price 400€
Grant Price 200€
Send your professional resume and reel.
• • •
After years of paying attention to performances that left me “not knowing what that was all about”... I have discovered that being able to convey a powerful message and to connect producing profound emotions in the audience makes the real difference.
In the past years, I’ve been developing my expertise not only as dancer and choreographer but as a professional actress too.
I have adopted useful narrative tools to develop believable characters and learned how a plot grasps your audience attention in a compelling way.
What several companies do in collaboration with a dramaturge I have learned to do it myself, and now you too.
My mission is inspire artists to tell their remarkable story and life experience. That event that sparked a profound transformation and turn into wisdom changing their lives.
With TrueMotion, you will learn as a choreographer how to:
• Choose your valuable life experience to share with your audience. How to select from infinite possibilities of themes and concepts the one that intrinsically relates with your personal wisdom to build a strong and unique choreography that only you could create.
• Transform concepts into movement.
• Use storytelling and character development to create a compelling choreography to grasp the hearts and souls of your audience.
• Choose the creative tools at your disposal (music, lighting, costume design, scenography..etc.) to tell your story and develop your choreography into a full dance performance.
• Prepare and produce a 10 minute performance that will be shown on stage as the final activity of the TrueMotion Workshop.
The workshop evolves around the creation of choreographic material using tools from narrative arts like Cinema, Theatre, Literature, etc.
After choosing your theme, the next creative step is to make use of the narrative tools of:
• Character development (Protagonist, Antagonist, supporting roles, goal, obstacle, characteristics...)
• Acting (Body language, expressions, emotions, movement dynamics...)
• Storytelling (Plot, the hero’s journey, 3 Act structure...)
• Production Values (Scenography, lighting, costumes, music score...)
With all of these tools you not only create meaningful movements and improve your performance skills, but eventually build up an entire choreography that becomes a convincing and emotive performance for audiences.
Dance, as cinema or any other form of visual or performance art, is a beautiful medium for sharing meaningful messages. Your stories and life experiences are unique and worthy of being told.
Always keep an open mind, trust and believe in your vision. You have born to share your wisdom with others.
Workshop Theme Summary
TrueMotion evolves around the creation of choreographic material using tools from narrative arts like Cinema, Theatre, Literature, Music, etc.
Exercise: The Performance Review
- I. Finding the theme
- II. Building your “creative family”
- Character Development - the 9 questions
- Storytelling - the three act structure and the hero’s journey
- The Step Outline and Treatment
- III. From the paper to bodies in motion on stage
- IV. The 3 fundamental phases of pre-production (composition, revision, finalisation)
- V. The dance performance production
- VI. General rehearsal and performance
4 Day Workshop in Madrid Includes:
15 participants maximum
Total of 4 days from Wednesday to Saturday
6 hours per 3 training days with 1 hour brake for lunch from 11:00h till 17:00h (no coffee brake included)
1 day for general rehearsal with performance in front of a live audience in Teatro Real Sala Gayarre at 20:00h
Sala de Ballet of Teatro Real for workshop
Sala Gayarre of Teatro Real with 190 seats for performance
Complete stage lighting, sound equipment and stage manager
• • •