KLAR: Underwater Dance Installation by Anima May
We are water.
We are the Ocean.
More than 150 million tonnes of plastic pollute our waters.
We need CLARITY.
That plastic will endure for the next 450 years and become part of the fish that land on our tables. We have ONE EARTH, ONE OCEAN.
"KLAR dance installation shows my relentless effort to clean the water tank in which I perform. Taking out all the plastic waste to reminding you that:
The cleanup of our oceans needs your help"
Anima May is a Swiss-Italian performing artist specialized in contemporary dance and choreography.
Compassion to other human beings is the source of the strength needed to overcome artistic creation.
Anima's work focuses on capturing motion through movement.
She always experiments with new techniques and she is fully committed to use her artistic expression as a tool to raise attention to important matters of our planet.
She has been close to water since her childhood. Her parents used to claim that she spent more time underwater than above.
Anima May has explored many artistic diving experiences from film to photography and always related with movement.
KLAR was born due to her concern about the plastic pollution of our oceans. The urge to raise awareness to this important and urgent issue had sparked the idea to create an underwater dance installation.
Watch how I envision KLAR
The Fundraising Campaign to Clean the Oceans from Plastic Pollution
One Earth - One Ocean
- OEOO environmental organization deals with the protection of the environment, in particular the water and coastal protection.
- In the multi-stage concept of the “marine litter cleanup”, plastic waste is collected by special refuse collection vessels and then recycled.
- In addition, OEOO is involved in the field of oil purification, micro-plastics, research, education and documentation on marine littering.
- OEOO has become an official partner of the UN Environment #CleanSeas campaign.
12 Million euros for the SeaElephant
- A team of ship designers, plant engineers, environmental technicians and project developers has been working in Kiel on the planning implementation of the first SeaElephant.
- The converted container ship will have facilities on board for sorting, crushing and processing marine waste.
- The initial target is a processing capacity of 20 t/day.
The Performance in 5 European Cities
International Celebrities Suppport
Celebrities make a "hi res selfie video" stating to their mobile camera one sentence about an ocean plastic pollution fact, provided by us.
They send us their video and give their permission to use their voice and add it to KLAR's performance soundtrack as voice over. The soundtrack will be played in each KLAR performance at every scheduled European city.
Then they share their selfie video on their social media (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter), tagging Klar's fundraising campaign hashtag and the creator of the underwater dance installation, Miss Anima May.
They are supporters of KLAR fundraising campaign.